Friday, December 5, 2014

November Goal Progress

GoalsJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptember. October.

Try a new restaurant (of Abe's choosing) each month.

November was a surprisingly busy month, and it didn't happen.

YTD tried/required: 8/11

Try a new recipe each month.
Pesto potatoes - very good! 
Veggie borscht (not sure what website it was from) - ok.

YTD tried/required: 12/11 - yay!

Lose 24 pounds.


Starting weight (1/1/14): 152
Last weight (11/1/14): 144
Current weight (12/1/14): 146
Current gain: +2
Total loss: -6

Well, crud. Definitely prone to eating when stressed and busy, and slacked off some on working out.

Run 1,000 miles.

This month: 58.65
YTD: 569.05
56.91% of the goal; 91.51% into the year.

Bike 1,500 miles.


This month: 20.5
YTD: 607.55
40.5% of the goal; 91.51% into the year.

Complete a triathlon.


Swimming yards: 
This month: 4,500
YTD: 38,200

Obviously, there are several goals that I won't be meeting by the end of the year! :( Some of them, that's disappointing, but I realize that I didn't put in the work to meet them (like running and biking mileage - those really should have been doable). Others I don't care as much about the accomplishment now as I did at the beginning of the year (like barefoot running, or doing a pull-up - still things that I'm interested in, just not something that got prioritized and that's ok). 

I've been thinking about goals lately also because the 3-year span of my 30 Before 30 list is quickly coming to a close, and there are a lot more left than accomplished. And I'm not sure I care. Does that make a list of goals pointless? Have I still done more of these things than I would have done without the list? Does it matter whether I accomplish these things, when they're things that would be cool/fun to do, but don't necessarily significantly impact my quality of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...