Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Goal Progress

Goals. January. February. March. April

Try a new restaurant (of Abe's choosing) each month.

May's restaurant was Sambi Sushi. I got the vegetable bento so I could try a variety of items. I actually liked the cucumber roll better than I expected. 

Bonus: Proper Eats. Abe planned for this to be our May restaurant, until I looked it up before hand and realized I'd been there before! Got the nachos this time.


Try a new recipe each month.


I've started getting a bit bored with my standard spinach-banana-berries-peanut butter smoothies, so to mix things up when I had some beets from the produce box I tried this recipe from Choosing Raw. The orange in particular keeps the beet flavor from being overwhelming. Quite good, in fact!

YTD cooked/required: 4/5




Lose 24 pounds.

Starting weight (1/1/14): 152
Last weight (5/1/14): 160
Current weight (6/1/14): 159
Current loss: -1
Total gain: +7

Well, finally starting to make progress in the right direction, at least. I had more good days than usually this month, a far as diet; still some not so great days, but a big improvement overall. Not as much produce as would be ideal, but also fewer sweets.

Run 1,000 miles.

This month: 58.75
YTD: 178.30
17.83% of the goal; 41.37% into the year

Run barefoot.


Brought back out my Vibrams for a few short runs.

Bike 1,500 miles.


This month: 17.5
YTD: 254.45
16.96% of the goal; 41.37% into the year

Complete a triathlon.


Signed up for TRI Team PDX which is starting an introduction to triathlons 14-week session in June.

I don't have a distance goal for swimming this year beyond "more than zero", but thought I'd at least keep track of the monthly totals here:

Swimming: 
This month: 1,000 yds 
YTD: 1,000 yds

Attend one activity or group or hangout each month (outside of tax season - so May through December).

Swam with J. 

Read a minimum of 2 books each month. 


I started and finished The Cuckoo's Calling (Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling).

Finished Insurgent (second in the Divergent trilogy).

YTD read/required: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...