Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Race Schedule

Primarily, 2013 is the year of the marathon! A secondary goal is improving my 5k time (one of my 30 Before 30 goals is a sub-30 minute 5k, which I have just over two years left to get) (my current PR is 38:55 - yeah, I'm slow - so let's call 34:25 the goal for 2013 never mind, I just did 34:11 at the First Run on January 1! Maybe sub-30 can be achieved in 2013?). I'd also like to have more variety of distances - so far I've mostly done 5ks and half marathons, with only one 10k.

Bolded races I'm already registered for, others are still tentative to varying degrees.

January 1 - First Run 5k - Portland, OR
April - Earth Day Run 5k - Tigard, OR
May 5 - Bloomsday 12k - Spokane, WA
May 11 - Hippie Chick Half Marathon - Hillsboro, OR
May 26 - Rum Run 10k - Tualatin, OR
June - Run for the Love of Dove 5k - Portland, OR
June 22 - NWVeg Race for the Animals 5k - Portland, OR
July 4 - Foot Traffic Flat half marathon - Portland, OR
July - Go Girl Trail Run 10k - Portland, OR
July 27 - Cat Adoption Team CATnip 5k - Tualatin, OR
September - Pints to Pasta 10k - Portland, OR
October 6 - Portland Marathon - Portland, OR
October 26 - A Very Poplar Run 5k or 10k - Boardman, OR
November - Cause and Event 5k or 10k - Portland, OR
December 8 - Ho Ho 5k - Tigard, OR

(Also, while looking at race schedules, I found the race I want to do in 2014 for my first triathlon: Aluminum Man!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...