Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Five: Best Race Signs

Linking up today with MarCynthia, and Courtney for Friday Five. Today's theme is best race signs. I've probably seen some during races that, at the time, I liked even better then these - but I often forget them not too long after the race! I'm almost always focused enough on my time goal that I don't like taking pictures, either. But here are my favorites as best as I can recall.

1. Worst Parade Ever

Especially as a former marching band member who's suffered from far too many parades (in a stuffy uniform, holding a heavy instrument) to possibly enjoy spectating one, I find this quite on point.

2. You're not almost done

In the last miles of a marathon, this realism can be greatly appreciated!

3. Mortuary ahead - look alive

I don't think there was actually a mortuary coming up, but it's also quite appropriate near the end of a marathon.

4. Inspirational message

The cynic in me adores this. 

5. Press here for power

I don't think I'd seen this variation of sign until this year's marathon, but then it was all over the place. At first I thought they were rather silly, by again, by the end, it was a cute little burst of inspiration, and a fun way to interact with spectators to get some energy.

ETA:

Bonus #6 - actually one of my favorites that I saw during this year's marathon that I totally forgot about until twelve hours after publishing this post:

Pain is temporary. Race results are on the internet forever.

8 comments:

  1. I like signs that say, "X miles until Beer. Short cut here" and an arrow pointing to a little stand full of Dixie Cups of beer. I don't drink beer, but I appreciate the effort they put it and it brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also skipped the beer "aid" station in the marathon! Fun that they're out there, though (it's actually done by the tri team I trained with the prior year)!

      Delete
  2. I think i've seen the "worst parade" sign at every race i've done..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "press here for power signs". It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...