Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Run

This morning - at midnight - I ran my first race of the new year, Portland's First Run 5k. This was a really great race experience! Gorgeous lights and decorations, well organized, not overly crowded, good communication.



I donned festive apparel myself, with a sparkle skirt I made. I had intended to order one, but kept forgetting to until I realized I'd have to pay for rush shipping, so I finally bought some fabric, found a great tutorial online, and made it for about half the cost.

My friend Karey and I are definitely thinking this will be an annual tradition!


Even better - I set a new PR by 4 1/2 minutes! 34:11 (11:00 pace). I accidentally left my garmin in my car - I realized it about a half hour before the race started when Karey realized she had left hers in bag check. I tried to download a gps app on my phone, but couldn't get it to work, so I just ran by feel, and it turned out great! I actually ran the entire thing, which I think I haven't done since my first 5k in September 2010! Sorry for the excess exclamation points, but this was an awesome New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...