Thursday, November 6, 2014

Three Things Thursday: Confessions Part 2

1. I can't peel an orange in one piece. It ends up in so many little pieces, it's ridiculous. I don't know how people get the peel off in one continuous spiral! Since we're now entering the season where the bags of little oranges are all over the place, someone, tell me what the trick is!

2. I sometimes put one song on a playlist and play it - the one, single song - on repeat, continuously, for hours. At one point in college I know I did this with Bohemiam Rhapsody. Right now my work music is "I Choose You". On repeat, for 8 hours. You'd think I'd get tired of it, but I don't! And it finally clicked the other day that that's what I should do for running playlists (I rarely listen to music while running, just when I know I'm exceptionally likely to be bored, on the treadmill or long runs.) So a repeat of that same song is also what got me through last weekend's 10-miler.

3. To be on theme with today's writing prompt: When I was a kid I was very messy and a bit of a hoarder, and eventually had stuff piled in my half of the closet literally a few feet high. Finally one summer I bit the bullet and cleaned it out, throwing out and giving away bags of stuff. It was like an archaeological dig, layers of school papers and brightly colored leggings in decreasing sizes. 

I think I'd accepted that as a normal state of being because my mom is also a creative messy type, but letting it get to that point was a bit of a trigger to go to the opposite extreme. By the time I got to college, my roommate were able to tease me by knocking a poster out of alignment. Since then, I've started to swing back the other way, but am generally more moderate, and my tolerance for clutter varies depending on my mood and stress. When I'm stressed though - I must have clean surroundings! Even today, while working on a presentation at work, I took 10 minutes this morning to clean off my desktop, in order to maintain a better frame of mind and really focus on the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...