Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Uninteresting TV Facts

After a continuing busy-ness at work, my brain power doesn't have much capacity left to write something. Today's prompt for NaBloPoMo is: TV.

Currently watching: Gilmore Girls. The entire series is now on Netflix! I already owned the entire series on DVD, so my parents have taken temporary custody of them while I have online access. (Does Netflix ever take something off instant play? I'm afraid of actually getting rid of the DVD set just in case.)

Unexpected fall favorite: Selfie. I only gave it a chance because it stars John Cho and Amy Pond, but despite the rather absurd concept, it's actually pretty entertaining! And not only in a mindless fluff way.

Favorite TV show ever: Firefly. I'm afraid I didn't even know about it during the half a season that actually aired, so I supposed I contributed to the lack of audience that allowed it to be canceled, but once I did watch, I was hooked. At least I showed my support by buying the DVDs? (Also now on instant play, but also afraid to give them away just in case.)

Favorite TV show as a kid: Happy Days. I actually rarely watched mainstream TV as a kid; considering my age there are a lot of cultural references I don't get, or just barely understand. I mostly watched Nick at Nite and TV Land, plus Full House and the Cosby Show.

Coming late to the party: The Daily Show. I just started watching on a regular basis about a month ago. I'd seen and enjoyed various clips before, so I don't know why I didn't actually deliberate watch it until now. 

Most embarrassing TV show: America's Next Top Model. I only watch it when Abe isn't home. 

2 comments:

  1. Given that you love other shows I love (Gilmore Girls, Firefly), maybe I should be giving Selfie a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't recommend as highly as the others, but it's far less mindless than ANTM! Good fluff with some intelligent quirky humor mixed in.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...