Friday, November 7, 2014

Something to Write About

Due to plans to travel for a relative's memorial service, then head back to Portland just in time to meet up with the in-laws for the opera, I suspect I won't have a chance to blog on Friday. Scheduling this meme taken from Assembled Hazardly in this case that's accurate.

1. What are you wearing?
Plaid pajama pants (men's, cause they're cheaper and less ugly than women's), tank top that I wore under a blazer for work today.

2. Have you ever been in love?
Yes. I'm married, so one would hope so! And once previously.

3. Have you ever gone through a horrible breakup? 
I was previously engaged, and though we broke up merely two months before the intended date, the break up of the relationship actually wasn't horrible. It was obvious enough to both of us that it needed to happen. What went terribly wrong was when I tried to rebuild a friendship too soon afterward.

4. How tall are you?
5 feet even.

5. How much do you weigh?
Around 145.

6. Do you have tattoos? 
Not yet.

7. Do you have piercings?
Three in each earlobe, plus one cartilage. 

8. What is the ideal couple to you?
Mindy and Danny. Opposites who complement each other.

9. Your favorite TV show?
Ever - Firefly. Currently - Gilmore Girls. 

10. Your favorite band? 
Well, favorite performer - currently Christina Perri. I tend to listen to whatever on the radio has caught my ear. Actually, oddly, now that I think about, while I do listen to one song/album/singer over and over for a time, I haven't been loyal to a single band or singer indefinitely.

11. Something you're missing?
Being bored at work during November. We're not supposed to be this busy!

12. Your favorite song?
Currently our "wedding song" - "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles

13. How old are you?
29

14. What's you astrological sign?
The one that thinks astrology is silly.

15. An essential quality for a boyfriend?
Single.

16. Favorite quote?
"I do want the truth. But as always, and as everyone else, I'd like the truth I get from you to be the truth I want to hear."

17. Favorite actor?
Robert Downey Jr.

18. Favorite color?
Like music, this fluctuates. Currently, teal. (See also: recently revamped blog template.)

19. Do you listen to music at a low or high volume?
Very occasionally, in a certain mood, very high. But generally, very low. Usually can't stand loud noises; I watch TV with subtitle so I can keep the sound low enough to not be annoying.

20. Where do you go when you are sad?
To bed.

21. How long do you stay in the shower?
As long as it takes, plus a few minutes to enjoy the hot water.

22. How long does it take to get ready in the morning?
If I wake up late and actually have to be somewhere a specific time (work isn't too strict on this unless there's a meeting), I can manage in about ten minutes Usually closer to twenty, though.

23. Did you ever get in a fight?
Like a physical fight? No. I once threw a mug in a sink, but that's it.

24. Something that seduces you in a man?
Intelligence and a sense of humor. (Traits that are generally correlated with each other, I'd say.)

25. The most repelling thing in a man?
Being "old-fashioned" - i.e., believes in patriachy.

26. Why do you have a blog?
For a venue to express, and to form connections and have conversations with people of similar interests.

27. What are you afraid of?
Spiders. Also gross water with food gunk in the sink.

28. The last thing that made you cry?
I'm not entirely sure. 

29. The last time you said "I love you"? 
This morning, saying good by to Abe and the girls.

30. What does your blog name mean? 
It's about the fact that once I'm interested in something, I can get obsessed with, but have to continue balancing it with other things.

31. The latest book you read?
An Agatha Christie mystery.

32. What are you currently reading?
Currently in the middle of "Diet for a Small Planet" and "Wolf Hall".

33. The latest TV series you watched?
Gilmore Girls.

34. The last person you talked to?
Abe.

35. Who did you last text with?
Abe, berating him for leaving the sink in a disgusting state (see also: question number 27).

36. Your favorite food?
Chocolate.

37. Places you want to visit?
Australia, Ireland, Alaska.

38. The last place you visited?
The Dalles.

39. Are you currently sweet on someone?
Uh, I guess you could say that. Not quite how I'd word it.

40. The last person you kissed?
Abe. Or possibly Hera.

41. The last insult you were told?
Not sure if this counts as an insult, but was told I said "ummm" 38 times in an 8.5 minute speech.

42. Your favorite candy flavor?
Most berries.

43. Do you play an instrument?
Yes, the piano. I used to play the trombone, but it's been years; I also took guitar lessons a few years ago but it didn't really stick.

44. Your favorite piece of jewelry?
My engagement ring.

45. The last sport session your practiced?
Running!

46. The latest song your sang?
"I Choose You".

47. Your favorite catch phrase?
Was I supposed to have a favorite catch phrase? Let's go with "Oy, with the poodles already!"

48. Have you ever used it?
Not in real life. I tweeted it recently.

49. Your last evening out?
Umm, I think we went out for dinner for Indian food recently.

50. Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...