Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Goals: Final Check-In

Also see New Year's post for setting of goals, mid-year check in, and third quarter check in.

Preemptive tl;dr: Most of these need to be carried over to 2014.

Volunteer at a race.

No, all the races that I was available for I wanted to run! But I believe Abe and I will volunteer at the Portland Marathon next (definitely not ready to train for it again yet!).

Walk a mile every day for at least 30 days in a row.

I'm going to count my 30-day running streak in June for this goal. 

Regularly practice yoga.

I did get into it for a couple months in September and October.

Run barefoot.

Once! Very briefly. Want to continue easing into it, though.

Extend barefoot shoes to non-running.

Yep, I only wear heels to work maybe once or twice a month (usually when I have a client meeting), otherwise I wear my Merrell or Vivo Barefoot flats.

Get back into playing the piano.

I play occasionally, but I know it would be a nice stress reliever to do more often.

Do a pull-up.

Not even close. I did buy some Body Bands recently so I can at least do modified pull-ups and work up to real ones.

Lose weight.

The last time I time I did an "official" weigh-in and measurements a few months ago, I had a whole two pound net loss for the year, and from stepping on the scale occasionally since them, I've gained that back and am exactly where I was this time last year. But I am down a pants size, so perhaps I did lose fat overall?

Donate blood.

Sort of. I did the whole process, and afterward found out my donation couldn't be used because of my travel to Mexico the previous fall. I planned to do it after December 1 when my malaria risk year was over, but didn't get to it.

Run 1,000 miles.

872.50 running miles, plus a bonus 124 biking miles. Well, crap. If I'd added those up yesterday, I would have biked or ran another 3.5 to at least get the total up to 1,000. Maybe I'll still do that after work? But I have the First Run at midnight.

UPDATE: Tuesday, 5:30 pm - I biked another 3.5, to meet my 1,000 mile (albeit, adjusted to include biking) goal!

Improve sleep hygiene.

Another sort of. I occasionally skip the melatonin without too awful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...