Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday


Since getting back from last week's vegan yoga retreat, I'm recommitting (for the dozenth time, at least... huh, apparently "dozenth" is a real word?) to eating vegan (versus lacto-ovo vegetarian), at least when I'm in control of what I'm eating. (I.e., when eating out or at someone else's house, I intend to not be super strict, but choose the least non-vegan option.) I believe I achieved a vegan diet today, although I forgot to doublecheck the ingredients in the rolls when I bought them (from the non-packaged bakery section).

(I did have photos in here at one point, and then I was trying to organize my google+ photo albums, and didn't realize that if I had uploaded something directly from google+ to this post, deleting it there would delete it here. I've also changed phones since then, and am having technical difficulties trying to access photos on the old phone. The photos weren't that exciting anyway.)

Breakfast: Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar, banana, HiBall natural energy drink

Lunch: Sandwich (ciabatta roll, hummus, zucchini, roma tomato, lettuce), pomegranate arils, diet coke

Afternoon snacks: dark chocolate (2 squares), apple, English breakfast tea with raw sugar


Dinner: maple coconut baked tofu, roasted potatoes (with olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and nutritional yeast), carrot, salad (lettuce, tomato, pomegranate arils, and Italian dressing - the pomegranate and dressing didn't go together very well, although one or the other would have been great.)

Quasi-dessert: more pomegranate arils

Post-run snack: smoothie (spinach, berries, banana, peanut butter, chia seeds, water)

3 comments:

  1. Okay. So this is probably the most random comment/question ever... But do you cut your own carrot slices? Haha. I just always buy baby carrots, but the long, sliced ones are so pretty! I can just imagine myself cutting off loads of limbs if I attempted to cut a big one.

    Actually... I'm pretty good with a knife. It's just my dad who freaks out when he sees me trying to cute a butternut squash the size of my face :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I cut my own carrots. :) Although I have yet to cut off any limbs, I'm not so good with a knife, and have definitely nicked my fingers a couple times!

      Delete
    2. I'm more prone to burning myself on the oven rather than being haphazard with a knife :) It's actually never been when I am pulling the actual food out of the oven. Just when I'm closing it. Go figure :D

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...