Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Half Training: Week 12 & VegNews Vegan Yoga Retreat Recap

Workouts:
Note: Saturday of the prior week through Saturday of this week was spent at the VegNews vegan yoga retreat at Haramara Retreat, Sayulita, Mexico. In addition to formal workouts, I estimate that I walked at least 1.5 miles a day on the hilly trails of the property while at the yoga retreat.

Monday: 2 hour yoga class + 90 minute yoga class

Tuesday: 2 hour yoga class + 90 minute yoga class + 1.5 mile run (17:39 pace) - I was exploring the roads around the property, and, unsurprisingly, came across lots of hills, resulting in a quite a few walking breaks.

Wednesday: 90 minute yoga class - midway through the week, we got a light day to give our bodies a breather. 3.5 hours of yoga day is tough, go figure!

Thursday: 2 hour yoga class + 90 minute yoga class + 0.5 mile run (11:41 pace) - I picked a straight-ish bit of trail with only a moderate incline, and ran 0.05 mile hill repeats.

Friday: 2 hour yoga class + 90 minute yoga class + 1.5 mile run (13:39 pace) - I found a route with some, but fewer, hills.

Saturday: 90 minute yoga class

Sunday: 1 mile walk + 5 minutes of yoga (the walk and yoga are components of what I'm hoping will be my new morning routine) + 6.3 mile run  (12:27 pace) - It was nice all morning, then by the time I went out for what I intended to be 10 miles (still haven't done a double digit training run - ever, after almost 3 half marathons), it was raining on and off. But wanting to get out of the rain, and/or all the hill walking I did in Mexico, resulted in the fastest long run I've ever had!

Total miles: 9.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...