Monday, October 20, 2014

Seattle Half Training Week 2

Plan



Workouts

Monday: Swim 1,200 yards + easy run 2.55 miles (14:02 pace)

Tuesday: Easy run 3.1 miles (13:20 pace)

Have you seen articles about how we have a limited amount of willpower, and that's why it's harder to stick to healthy habits when we're using our willpower up for other things? That's why I didn't do a strength workout Tuesday morning - I'd used up my willpower making myself go swimming the night power (though I am totally glad I swam, and enjoyed it, but I didn't want to beforehand). I had to skip ballet that evening due to working late, but at least still squeezed in a run!

Wednesday: Treadmill run 2.0 miles (13:03 pace) 

After meeting a friend for dinner, I got home after dark so I thought I'd go to the rec center and do this week's mile repeats workout on the treadmill. Nope. Didn't even get through the first interval before remembering how boring the treadmill is, especially at a constant pace. Just going to count it as some bonus miles for the week.

Thursday: Interval run 6.0 miles (12:38 pace)

This was also after dark, but otherwise very lovely running conditions, so went ahead and did it outdoors, with a headlamp, on some neighborhood loops I'm very familiar with.

1 mile warm-up - 13:45
3 x 1 mile - 11:08, 11:02, 11:06
2 x 0.5 recovery - 14:36, 14:16
1 mile cool-down - 14:2 

Sunday: "Long" run 6.4 miles (14:07 pace) 

Long run fail. So many reasons - not sure to what extent they're actually reasons versus excuses, though: I started too late in the morning and it was an unusually warm day, not enough recovery time since this week's speed workout, not sleeping well, etc. In any case I was tired and my legs felt heavy. Only kept myself going as long as I did so I would at least meet 20 miles for the week. Oh well, there's always next week, right?

Total swimming: 1,200 yards
Total running: 20.05 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...