Friday, March 7, 2014

Would You Rather

From Running in Real Life.

1. Run an "easy-effort" marathon that last 5+ hours or a "hard puke-your-guts-out" 5k that's over in 19 minutes?

Well since I've run a (not-quite easy but not hard effort as far as my leg muscles were concerned) 5+ hour marathon... I'd actually still go with that. One of my problems with running is that I feel out of breath before really challenging my legs, so there's not much discrepancy in my pace regardless of distance. So that "puke your guts" feeling isn't one I'm used to. But running for a ridiculous number of hours to train is.

2. Have your pet sleep on your head (you can still move around) or sleep by your legs (you can't move around)?

Again, I'm used to one of these - Imogene often sleeps by my legs so I can't move position. And I think I'd prefer that. Would you be likely to get fur in your mouth if they're hanging out on your pillow?

3. Write a really good blog that no one reads or write a crap blog that thousands of people read?

The former. I'd rather be unknown but proud of my work than make money off of it (assuming that's guaranteed with thousands of readers) but be embarrassed by it.

4. Have a Monday off work or a Friday off work?

Either one would be nice!

5. Get an oozy blister on your foot during a race or chafing (you pick the spot) during a race?

Chafing. Many of my races (especially when doing a new distance for the first time) have been impeded by sore feet (not blisters, but just sore from the pounding over a longer time than I'm used to), and that sucks and slows you down, and impacts your living for a few days. Chafing is something I can push through during a race, and less likely to be felt afterward (if careful in clothing selection).

6. Run only one race this year, but it's really awesome or run dozens of races this year, but they are all mediocre?

One awesome race! I've had far too many mediocre races already.

Your turn:

1. Run an "easy-effort" marathon that last 5+ hours or a "hard puke-your-guts-out" 5k that's over in 19 minutes?

2. Have your pet sleep on your head (you can still move around) or sleep by your legs (you can't move around)?

3. Write a really good blog that no one reads or write a crap blog that thousands of people read?

4. Have a Monday off work or a Friday off work?

5. Get an oozy blister on your foot during a race or chafing (you pick the spot) during a race?

6. Run only one race this year, but it's really awesome or run dozens of races this year, but they are all mediocre?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...