Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Half Training: Week 13 & K-Fit: Week 3 Recap

Workouts:

Monday: 1 mile morning walk + 5 minutes of yoga + K-Fit Week 3/4 workout 1

Tuesday: K-Fit Week 3/4 workout 2

Wednesday: 1 mile treadmill run - 10 minute pace!! Granted, this was on a treadmill with 0% incline, so about the easiest surface ever, but still, although challenging, I didn't feel like I was going to die.

Thursday: rest/lazy day

Friday: K-Fit Week 3/4 workout 3 + stationary biked 5 miles (19.3 mph) + 0.65 mile treadmill run (10:54 pace) - There was a couple using both treadmills in my apartment complex's gym when I got there, so I biked until they left and freed up a treadmill. 

Saturday: 1 mile morning walk + 3.1 mile run (11:30 pace!!)

Sunday: Treadmill pyramid speed training - 22 minutes total (2 minutes each at 5.0 (12:00 pace), 5.2, 5.4, 5.6, 5.8, 6.0 (10:00 pace), 5.8, 5.6, 5.4, 5.2, 5.0, 20 seconds at 4.8 (12:30 pace) to round up to 2 miles)

Total miles: 6.75

Not the best mileage, though at least this is finally a legitimate taper week (compared to the last three weeks or so, which have accidentally been taper weeks). I don't think I'll do any races longer than a 5k after the fall time change in the future!

I don't really know what to expect for my performance at the holiday half (coming up on the 16th). I do think overall I'm at a better fitness level than for my last half marathon (in July), and barring any complications that force walking long intervals (such as digestive issues or foot pain), I don't think beating my current PR (2:58:15) should be a problem. Whether I can meet one of my loftier goals (2:30 or 2:45)... I'm not so sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...