Friday, September 14, 2012

Holiday Half Training Plan

On December 16, I'll run my third half marathon. Last May I ran the Hippie Chick Half in 3:06:09, and in July I ran the Foot Traffic Flat in 2:58:15.

I didn't train very well; my longest runs beforehand were 8 miles and 6 miles, respectively. Not quite the same as 13 miles! Now that I know I can finish the distance, I want to put real effort into training and improve my time and endurance.

My dream goal for the Holiday Half: 2:30 (11:27 pace).
My main goal: 2:45 (12:35 pace)
My must goal: 2:58 (13:35 pace) - i.e., beat my current PR

My quasi-training plan is to run 3 days a week (bonus if I do a 4th run), with the following schedule for long run distances each weekend:



My other two runs will mostly be whatever I feel like doing, but I do anticipate working up from my current 2 miles to 4 - 5 miles or so for a "short" run, and include some speed workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...