Monday, January 25, 2016

Week of January 18 - 24

Workouts

Monday: Run 2.5 miles (12:56 pace)

Tuesday: Bike trainer 7.6 miles (15.0 mph, 69 rpm)

Wednesday: Swim 1,700 yards

Thursday: Unplanned rest day

After getting home later than expected (and having just ate a late dinner out), a run wasn't particularly appealing. Though I am trying to stay on track for certain goals, I'm not training for anything specific, and I've been stressed and tired for a couple weeks. Sometimes, it is the healthy choice to not do anything.

Friday: Planned rest day

I went straight from work to meeting Abe downtown to see The Book of Mormon! It is hilarious and awesome - if you have a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. Though irreverent on the surface, it actually has, what I would consider, a respectful message in the end (one that religious groups with more literal interpretations might disagree with, but one that many organizations would be fine with). 

I was amused that the actual Mormon church took out ads in the playbill, and then when we left the theater there were missionaries outside offering to talk or give you a copy of the Book of Mormon. I'm curious if they ever have any real luck converting anyone in that context? It doesn't seem like the target audience would actually be all that receptive to them.

Saturday: Run 3.4 miles (12:35 pace) + bike trainer 14.8 miles (14.8 mph, 68 rpm)

Sunday: No Meat Athlete group run 4.0 miles (12:30 pace) + 2 mile walk with Karey + run 0.4 miles (11:50 pace) to get my running over 10 miles for the week

Total swimming: 1,700 yards
Total biking: 22.4 miles
Total running: 10.3 miles
Average daily steps: 11,270

I was surprisingly surprised when I got to the end of the week and realized how little running I'd done! I'm glad to be involved in all the other various things, I have more going on than I have probably since college. But as introvert, while enjoyable it's all still mentally exhausting (even besides how much time things take up). Sometimes pounding out a run sounds like the cure to that, sometimes it just sounds like another chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...