Tuesday, December 29, 2015

October PDX Restaurant: Sweet Hereafter

Website

Genre: Bar, with some hippie bowl influence on the food menu

Price: $8 - $10 cocktails, $2 - $4 beers/cans $2 - $5 apps and sides, $7 - $9 entrees

Setting: Vintage-y, rustic-y bar

There are vintage-type posters and things. A dimly lit (so, apologies, the photos are even worse quality than usual!), definitely bar atmosphere. 

There was a lamp on the counter where we sat that Abe thinks might legitimately have once been his dad's! It looks like one he had when he was a kid, and his dad got rid of it a couple years ago in a move. 

What we tried

To drink, I had the Pioneer (gin and blood orange soda), and Abe had a Cock-n-bull ginger beer. Both good!


For dinner, I got the caprese panini. It's made with Chao cheese, which I don't think I've ever had before - it melted well and had a nice texture! I'm always a bit wary of vegan cheese, I think Daiya is the most common in restaurants that have a vegan option and I've not been impressed with it, but I liked this one. 


Abe tried the Eastern bowl when he was there with me, and the Thai bowl on a more recent visit with friends (plus the Blenheim's ginger beer on the second visit). He liked both. The Eastern bowl has nutritional yeast breaded tofu - a twist on more typical tofu preparation in bowls. 


Overall impression: It was good! Fun drinks, but reasonably healthy (yet interesting) vegan food options.

Would I take my parents?*: Heck no. But primarily because of the bar aspect. Foodwise, while it wouldn't be their favorite, I think they could find something reasonably acceptable.

*Scale: Heck no. No. Probably not. Maybe. Eh, yeah. Yes. Definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...