Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Week

Workouts

Monday: Run 1 mile (11:21 pace) + bike trainer 7.2 miles (14.3 mph, 65 rpm)

Tuesday: Run 1 mile (9:41 pace)

Wednesday: Run 2.6 miles (11:43 pace) + bike trainer 15.0 miles (14.9 mph, 68 rpm)

Thursday: Yoga class (90 min) + run 2.8 miles (11:26 pace)

The run was 0.9 warm-up/cool-downs and a mile time trial, just to see where things were post-marathon, with just HR/aerobic training and no speedwork. I got 8:27 - not too far off my best (during marathon taper, 8:18); pretty good, in my opinion, all things considered! If I did some speedwork I think getting to a sub-8 wouldn't be too ridiculously far off. 

Friday: Run 1 mile (12:20 pace)

Saturday: Run 3.1 miles (12:21 pace) + bike trainer 11.0 miles (16.4 mph, 75 rpm)

Sunday: Run 2.0 miles (11:08 pace) + run 2.05 miles (11:25 pace) + bike trainer 5.1 miles (15.0 mph, 69 rpm)

The first run segment on Sunday was over Tilikum Crossing - the new (as of September) non-car bridge. It has MAX train, bus, bike, and pedestrian lanes. 

Total biking: 38.3 miles
Total running: 15.55 miles

Taking a week off from weights as it would have been a bit hard to fit in, despite theoretically having extra time (though I didn't have much time off for Christmas - we have to do year-end tax planning, and then I jump right into busy season with a fiscal year client whose return is due in January - but I only had to work Monday and Tuesday, and then Wednesday I was on the clock but at home doing a self-study CPE course). Off on Thursday and Friday but family in town and family things to attend, and some events on the weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. You did good! Even though I have off all week (more time to workout),I am finding other ways to fill that time and have run once yet. So bad I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel like I could have fit more in (I did have 4 full days off work in a row, after all!), but pretty happy with what I did do. :)

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...