Friday, January 3, 2014

Would You Rather

Survey from & link-up by Olive to Run.

1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?

Snow storm. At least snow is potentially dry enough to just dust off as it falls on you, rather than inherently soak your clothes. Plus I get nervous being outdoors when there's thunder and lightening.

2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth?

I prefer to breathe through my nose, as I feel self-conscious with my mouth hanging open the entire run, but I usually get stuffy and have to breathe through my mouth anyways.

3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches?

Probably crunches. I think it's easier to fake your way through those, not doing the full range of motion.

4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree?

Dessert, always! Well, maybe not always. 99% of the time.

5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for ran hour?

Run around the block. Running in circles might be boring, but it's infinitely better than running in place. I actually kind of do this in the winter when running after work means it's dark out - I run laps around my apartment complex parking lot, which is a huge loop - about half a mile around.

6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?

Headache. At least that's fairly unrelated to running mechanisms, whereas a significant side stitch would probably throw off my gait.

7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?

It depends, but usually a run after work is a welcome stress reliever.

8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer?

Volunteer. I do want to volunteer at a race, to give back after doing a lot of races the pat few years! But I don't think I'd want the responsibility of being a race director.

9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets (HRM, GPS watch, headphones) or running shoes?

Running gadgets. I'm pretty consistent in my shoe choice, so it's fun to experiment with new gadgets.

10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?

I think either one would be fun! I'm actually going to a relay for the first time next summer - my work got a team spot for Hood to Coast

Join in!

1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?

2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth?

3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches?

4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree?

5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for ran hour?

6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?

7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?

8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer?

9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets (HRM, GPS watch, headphones) or running shoes?

10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that your apartment complex is big enough to run around! Very convenient.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?

    Thunder storm 100%- I have run in these quite a bit and I feel BADASS.

    2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth?

    Erm, Id prefer both ha ha but forced to choose, I'd choose nose.

    3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches?

    Squats. Im capable of that. Not sure I COULD do the crunches.

    4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree?

    Usually dessert. The chocolate fudge calls to me.

    5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for ran hour?

    Around the block. The dreadmill and I are not pals. I have no lust for watching myself sweat in a mirror for an hour.

    6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?

    Hmmm.... Headache but neither is awesome.

    7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?

    On a work day- my work can be knackering.

    8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer?

    I've been both! I love being a marshall cause its like being a pro cheerer and Ive tended to do it with pals and also play photographer. Race directing, even though i did it as part of a team, is stressful. One tip: Never forget the safety pins.

    9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets (HRM, GPS watch, headphones) or running shoes?

    Hmmm, can I say running clothes instead? I have my garmin and im pretty consistent with my shoes.

    10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon?

    A relay, I really want to do a 24 hr relay (Equinox or TR24) one day!

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...