Friday, September 6, 2013

Running Quiz

Survey from Kim.

1. Who is your running shoe twin?


Uh, no idea. The few runners I'm friends with wear much more conventional shoes than I do.


2. When do you pause your watch on a run?

At red lights. I count walking and fueling breaks towards my time, since they would in a race. I also stop it for bathroom breaks on long training runs, even though those do count in a race.


3. What is worse – being called a jogger or hearing someone call a 5K a “marathon”?

The latter, for sure! I don't take too much offense at being called a jogger - I am slow, after all (though if you ask me, I'm a runner). But a marathon = 26.2 miles. Period. You can run a fraction of a marathon - half or quarter, but you can't run a "mini" marathon. Sorry, you just can't. It is what it is.


4. What is your preferred running shorts inseam length?

Long-ish. Otherwise, chafing happens. I think my the shorts underneath my running skirts are usually 5", and on the rare occasion that I wear just shorts, they're probably 7". 


5. Spitting when you run – gross or necessary or neither?

Definitely necessary on occasion.


6. What is more exciting randomly seeing a friend on a run, or hitting a goal pace/workout?

I'd say hitting a goal pace, just because the other hasn't really happened that I can recall. I do occasionally run into my boss though, as he lives a couple miles away near my default route.


7. What has been your worst running injury (something that happened on a run or something caused by running)?

Fortunately, I haven't anything too severe yet. After my second half marathon, my feet hurt so badly I thought have done some real damage, but with a couple weeks of resting it went away. I also have a recurring issue with my left ankle - it first started a few years ago while I was doing the C25k program, and springs up occasionally still, usually when I get lax about stretching immediately after each run.


8. What is your perfect running temp?

About 50 degrees - not freezing at the start of the run, not too hot by the end. And preferably not raining. Sadly, those two things don't often coincide around here. 


9. Do you follow a running plan or make your own?

I blend multiple plans, but don't really stick to it precisely. I aim for the long run and weekly total mileage, but the other runs usually end up all over place.


10. Preference – treadmill, road, groomed trail, or technical trail?

Road or groomed trail. I can only stand the treadmill for up to 35 or 40 minutes before getting terribly bored. Most of my runs are done in residential neighborhoods on sidewalks and city parks with asphalt trails.


Share your answers!

1. Who is your running shoe twin?
2. When do you pause your watch on a run?
3. What is worse – being called a jogger or hearing someone call a 5K a “marathon”?
4. What is your preferred running shorts inseam length?
5. Spitting when you run – gross or necessary or neither?
6. What is more exciting randomly seeing a friend on a run, or hitting a goal pace/workout?
7. What has been your worst running injury (something that happened on a run or something caused by running)?
8. What is your perfect running temp?
9. Do you follow a running plan or make your own?
10. Preference – treadmill, road, groomed trail, or technical trail?

4 comments:

  1. Fun survey!! I just answered on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering! It's fun to see everyone's comments!

    Your comment about "mini marathons" makes me think about writing a post about how annoying those titles are. One race I did was called the 13.1 marathon... and I hated writing about the race because of the title! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would bug me too! I think I would have refused to sign up for that race in the first place based on the name!

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...