Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Special Kind of Math

5 hours + 2 liters of water + 2.5 packs of Shot Bloks + 3 salt pills + 84 degrees + 1 mid-run self-congratulatory facebook post + 1 mid-run whining facebook post =

20 miles!

It was too hot out, I didn't get started early enough, I really wanted to quit around mile 11, and it was not enjoyable, but it's done, and I only have to exceed this distance twice again in my life (another 20+ mile on the schedule for two weeks from now - aiming for 22, I think? plus the marathon itself) (until I decide to sign up for another one).


20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...