Monday, July 22, 2013

Reunion: Marathon Training Week 7

Workouts:

Monday: 4 mile run (12:19 pace)
Goal: 3 - 4 miles easy-ish (12:15 - 12:45)
Actual: 12:19, 12:38, 12:05, 12:05

Wednesday: 6.5 mile run (12:52 pace)
Goal: 6 miles easy-ish (12:15 - 12:45)
Actual: 12:42, 13:14, 12:50, 12:52, 13:03, 12:42, 6:15 time for 0.5 (12:30 pace)

Friday: Played a round of disc golf 

Saturday: 12.25 mile run (141:41 pace)
Supposed to be 16 miles, but was visiting my parents to attend my high school reunion, and it's way too ridiculously hot there! Also, I think I need new running shoes - besides the heat, my feet hurting was actually the biggest reason I didn't want to do the full distance. 

Sunday: 3.25 mile run (15:44 paces - yikes! That includes some walking breaks, but mostly just running super duper slow.) + played a round of disc golf

Total miles: 26



Not at all where it should have been, but trying to run while traveling and in climates I'm no longer accustomed to was challenging. 

I'm currently on a road trip with Abe. We started in eastern Washington for my reunion, headed down to Boise, then to Reno/Carson City/Lake Tahoe area. From here we'll be heading back into California, then north back to Oregon. The route is planned around disc golf courses for Abe to play. I'll join him for maybe one course each day, and either walk with him on additional courses, find a nearby trail to run on, or a Starbucks to study in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...