Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Week Before It Starts

Workouts:

Tuesday: About 1.5 miles walking in Vegas

Wednesday: About 6 miles walking in Vegas

Thursday: About 1.5 miles walking in Vegas

Friday: 3.35 mile run (11:54 pace)

Saturday: 5 mile run (13:36 pace) + 1 mile walk + The Pilates Powerhouse* beginner level (15 minutes)

Sunday: 30 Day Shred level 1 workout + 3 mile run (12:46 pace)

Total miles: 11.35

I debated between taking it easy for the few weeks in between the Hippie Chick Half and the start of marathon training to avoid burning out, or carefully building up a solid running base. However, the former was more compatible with my laziness, so that's the route I took. But, I have been trying to be more diligent about strength training, which I should continue.

I think, starting with Saturday, June 1, I began a 30-day running streak - i.e., running at least one mile every day. I've been seeing information about Runner's World Memorial Day through July 4th running streak, which I didn't do because I was on a trip in Vegas this past week that would have been difficult to fit it in, but I thought I might try doing it for the entire month of June. I say "I think", though, since we'll see how much I'd rather have complete rest days versus running a mile once I start doing some longer long runs for marathon training.

*Powells Partner Program link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...