Monday, May 6, 2013

Hippie Chick Half [Quarter?] Training: Week 7

Workouts:

Tuesday: 6.55 mile run (12:07 pace)

Thursday: 2 mile walk

Friday: 2 mile run (13:12 pace)

Sunday: Bloomsday 12k (7.46 mile) race - official time 1:34:38 (12:41 pace)

Total miles: 16.01

My goal for Bloomsday was 1:30 (12:04 pace) - which, given my run on Tuesday, seemed quite feasible. There were a few spots during the race when I could have a touch run faster but it was too crowded; I also didn't really take into account Doomsday Hill in my goal, or the weather (it was quite warm - not super hot, but much hotter than I've been used to running in lately). 

The result of yesterday's race is that I'm seriously considering dropping from the half marathon to the quarter marathon next weekend. Changes between events at Hippie Chick were free through April, now there's a $25 change fee, but it is still an option to do so at packet pick up. The Hippie Chick course is fairly flat, but the weather will be even hotter. I don't know if I should keep trying to push myself in hopes of PR-ing by at least a few minutes, even if that includes miserably walking the last few miles (as usual in my half marathons, with my "long runs? what's a long run?" training style), or try to run a really strong shorter race (first quarter marathon race, so automatic PR!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...