Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Half Training: Week 14 Recap

Workouts:

Tuesday: K-Fit Weeks 3/4 workout 4

Sunday: Holiday Half Marathon - 2:52:10 (13:08 pace); per Garmin - 13.19 miles (13:03 pace)

Total miles: 13.1

What's next? For the winter (which equals rain and tax season), I plan on switching gears from distance to strength and speed. I'll continue the K-Fit program (I'm not counting this week towards the 12-week program since I only did one workout, I decided I need to do at least two for it to count). Running wise, I plan on mostly doing treadmill running - making it less boring by focusing on how far I can maintain a certain pace (starting with a 10:00 pace). The upcoming races I have scheduled are a 5k on New Year's eve, a half marathon in mid-May, and the Portland marathon in October. I'll probably try to continue doing a long-ish run on the weekends, but I won't worry about formally training for the half until a couple months before. But since I don't have to do a long run, I plan on using that time to try to go to a least one yoga class a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...