Sunday, January 25, 2015

PRC 5k Training Week 4 & Fight for Air Training Week 8 & NROLFW Phase 1 Week 6

Workouts

Monday pm: Easy run 3.05 miles (13:08 pace)

Tuesday pm: Tempo run 3.1 miles (10:51 pace) + NROLFW phase 1 workout A

Goal: 3 miles @ 11:30ish
Actual: 11:09, 11:10, 9:53

Ok, no, that last one wasn't tempo effort! After impressing myself with the first two miles (I actually thought 11:30 would be hard and would have actually been ok with anything under 12:00 - instead 11:10 felt challenging but doable to keep up), I decided to kick it up a big notch just to see what I could do. Soooo close to my mile PR, but I was dying at the end.

Wednesday am: Easy run 2.0 miles (13:10 pace) 

Friday am: NROLFW phase 1 workout B 

Sunday: Fight for Air Climb 80 floors (19:48) + easy run 2.05 miles (13:46 pace)

Total running: 10.2 miles
Total stairs: 80 floors

2 comments:

  1. You RAN after climbing 80 floors?! Damn!

    Congrats on first in your age group!! You have found your calling!

    Your easy run paces are getting so much faster. At the beginning of this training cycle you were doing them around 14 minute pace and now they're in the low 13s. Your training is definitely paying off big time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAD to go for a run! So far in 2015 (yeah, all 3 1/2 weeks) I've had at minimum double digit mileage, and it was a busy week and I was only a little over 8, so I had to bring it up to 10 for the week so as to not break the streak. :)

      I'm really feeling like the training is paying off! I have a post in the works about it, actually, but basically this is the first time I've truly focused on making the easy miles easy and the hard workouts hard, and who would have figured, that works!

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...