Thursday, January 29, 2015

PMT Style Challenge: Pinned Outfit


This week's challenge: wear an outfit you pinned. I actually only recently started a "fashion" pinterest board, so, this was more thinking of a variation on outfits I've seen on blogs and such that I liked, and then finding a pin along those lines to make it a bit more concrete. 

I've tended away from button-up shirts for business wear, primarily because I don't like having things on my lower arms; any long-sleeve knit gets pushed up for the majority of the day. And then a button-up under a sweater is just silly, because you're wasting the comfort of the sweater by putting a non-stretch fabric underneath it. Ridiculous! (Although I do love the aesthetic of sleeve cuffs popping out at the end of a sweater sleeve, I just can't handle the discomfort of it.)

However! In the last year or so I've acquired a couple sleeveless button-up shirts, and have started wearing them under v-neck sweaters. I'm not sure why I hadn't ever put it under a cardigan, since v-necks and cardigans really are the staples of my work wardrobe. 

Left: Source

Sweater and collared shirt from JC Penny. Slacks from Target. Heels from DSW. Necklace and earrings from Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...