Thursday, November 20, 2014

Would You Rather

From Running in Real Life - from a while ago, but it was sitting in my drafts, and I don't have much time left in the day to write something else.

1. Run a race at -10 degrees with slushy roads or 85 degrees with the sun beating down?

85 degrees for sure. I can barely handle running in 30 degrees! I'm sure one gets used to cold weather if you're in it regularly, but even though I don't enjoy running in hot weather, at least I do it often enough to have some idea of how to handle it.

2. Wear running clothes that are way too tight or running clothes that are way too loose?

Too loose, so long as it's pants and not shorts, as loose shorts would cause terrible chafing on my thighs.

3. Have really big upper body muscles or really big lower body muscles? (The kicker here is that whatever you don't choose is super puny.)

Well, since this is sort of a running survey, I guess big lower body muscles, to better facilitate running!

4. Travel to the past to meet your great, great grandparents or to the future to meet your great, great grandchildren?

Hmmm. I think to the past to meet my great, great grandparents, because it's never good to know too much about you future.

5. Watch your favorite sporting event on a nice big TV or watch your favorite sporting event in person but in really crappy seats?

Let's substitute "show" (music or theater) for "sporting event" (since I really don't have a favorite sporting event to watch), and I'd say watch it on a big TV. I'd rather be able to see more detail on the performer's face, than have the experience in person.

Your turn:

1. Run a race at -10 degrees with slushy roads or 85 degrees with the sun beating down?

2. Wear running clothes that are way too tight or running clothes that are way too loose?

3. Have really big upper body muscles or really big lower body muscles? (The kicker here is that whatever you don't choose is super puny.)

4. Travel to the past to meet your great, great grandparents or to the future to meet your great, great grandchildren?

5. Watch your favorite sporting event on a nice big TV or watch your favorite sporting event in person but in really crappy seats?

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd have to go with race at -10 degrees with slushy roads just because I know how awful 85 degrees with the sun beating down is and I hate it. I'm sure -10 degrees with slushy roads is equally as awful or worse, but you can't fear what you don't know you should fear! Or something.

    I don't mind going to sporting events and having crappy seats so I'd go with that one. There are usually big displays where you can see what's going on, and it's fun being with lots of other people cheering for your team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm more "better the devil you know" when it comes to that!

      Delete
  2. 1. -10! The cold seems to revitalise/revitalize my "performance" although wet shoes are no fun.
    2. Too loose to have plenty of room to stretch, run etc.
    3. Since i focus on my legs more than the rest of my body, its a no-brainer. That question reminds me that i really should get in a total body work out.
    4. Hmmm, do i come back to the present? Would like to learn from the past in the present to better myself for the future, but if i had to, i would go back to the past, so i could help modify the present and the future.
    5. Watch too much on the TV as it is. in person for me, for the crowd atmosphere and you never know who you may bump into.

    d:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I actually do strength training, I tend to do pretty much all body (I don't do major lifts or anything, mostly circuits with squats, bicep curls, those types of things), but since I tend to ignore the fact that I should be doing strength training, until recently I pretty much only worked out my legs. But lately I feel like my arms are getting some workouts now between swimming and ballet.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...