Thursday, December 5, 2013

Three Things Thursday: Never Thought I'd Own

1. A smartphone. I really don't think it's healthy to have constant access to gmail, facebook, etc. (even though I do spend way too much time on such apps now that I do have a smartphone), but I decided it would be worthwhile a few years ago because I'm not a phone person. I'd much rather text people, and so it's worth having the full conversation with someone accessible, which wasn't possible with my previous flip phone. 

2. An e-reader. After too many trips where my suitcase was ridiculously heavy because of the number of books I wanted to bring along, I finally caved and bought a Kobo about a year ago. Although I still sometimes just want to hold a paper book in my hands, it's been pretty nice on trips. I'm particularly liking it while riding the stationary bike (so much more fun to exercise indoors that way than on the treadmill, where the movement makes it impossible to read!).

3. Leggings. I was at Old Navy this weekend, they were 50% off. I've been seeing leggings worn more and more often, and realized I don't always think it looks bad. Though - they are absolutely to be worn as tights, NOT, never, ever, in lieu of pants. But... I've tried them on with a few outfits I had in mind, and it doesn't look quite right. I don't know if I just can't pull it off, or I'm just not seeing how it really looks because I've looked down on them for so long. The last time I wore leggings on a regular basis, I didn't exactly worry about how to properly style them:

Circa 1996

1 comment:

  1. I love all three of those things! I love my kindle. I don't have to go to the store or wait for a book to arrive whenever I want to read. So many options at your fingertips!

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...