Sunday, December 1, 2013

K-Basic Week 6

Workouts

Monday: Stationary bike 10.5 miles (18.0 mph) + K-Basic weeks 5/6 workout 1

Tuesday: 1.5 mile run (11:58 pace) - Eh, better than nothing? I'd actually been looking forward to running all day, but by the time I actually got to it I just felt sluggish.

Friday: 3.1 mile run (11:55 pace)

Sunday: K-Basic weeks 5/6 workout 2 + 1:00 plank

Total biking: 10.5 miles
Total running: 4.6 miles

Family/holiday stuff got in the way of prioritizing workouts for a good chunk of the week. :(

I'm motivated to do some more planks with Barefoot Angie Bee's December plank challenge. One of her tips really stood out to me:

Set a timer for the amount of time you are planking for not a stopwatch to see.  Set the timer!

I always set a stopwatch while doing planks, even if I have a specific time in mind I'm trying to reach. That's silly! I don't (generally) go out for a run and think "I'll just run until I feel like stopping, and then I'll stop." I decide in advance how long I want to run, taking into account what I've done in the past, and make myself do it. Why approach planks differently than any other exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...