Monday, November 11, 2013

Can I Be a Gilmore Girl?

NaBloPoMo prompt: If you had to be trapped inside a movie for 5 days, which movie would you pick?

This is tough. Some of my favorite movies aren't really scenarios that I'd want to be in myself - for example, In the Land of Women, Identity, Serenity. I actually like movies that don't have happy endings, even to the point where the movie was kind of pointless. You get this glimpse into someone's life or an event, and then they just move on. It may have been an important learning experience, but it wasn't a dramatic turning point. Because I think that's more like real life. There's not necessarily a dramatic moment when everything changes, but there may be a period of time when you go through an experience and are gradually altered by it.

For for pleasant thoughts, I prefer TV shows, I think in part because if I enjoy what's happening to the characters, I'd like to continue watching it season after season, not have it be over in two hours. Favorites in this area include Firefly, Alias, Gilmore Girls.

If I had to be trapped inside a TV show, I would choose Gilmore Girls. There's drama, but less so than many other shows or movies, and at least it's drama created by people caring (possibly too much) about their loved ones, not from bad guys or real danger. Life there is full of fun, and even more importantly, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...