1. Hi-Ball natural energy drinks: This is my morning caffeine source. When I'm trying to be "good" about my diet (for economic, environmental, and health reasons) I drink tea, and when I'm not trying at all I drink pop. But this is the middle ground that I usually do instead of either extreme. Typically this is combined with a Luna bar for breakfast, but today there was a firm meeting first thing in the morning with refreshments, so I had a half a donut and half a bagel, saving the Luna bar for a snack later on in the day.
2. Homemade pad see ew: One of my absolute current favorite foods for the past few years has been Oswego Noodles - a slight variation on pad see ew at a Thai restaurant near my work. Following the firm meeting, my tax team had lunch there today. One of my 30 Before 30 goals is to make a homemade version that's just as good. These leftovers are from the latest attempt by Abe and me on Sunday. Still not there yet, but it was a good dish.
3. Celery: This is a hit-or-miss food for me. At the moment it doesn't sound good, but I've gotten a head of celery in my past two produce boxes and need to use it up. Abe wanted to add it to the pad see ew, but I refused - it would have changed the whole flavor of the dish - for the worst, in my opinion.
4. Carrots: I actually had some with my pizza for dinner tonight! After a long day (stayed late at work to prepare for a presentation I have tomorrow), I really wanted a comfort food, and normally I'm all about giving into those sorts of desires. But, I know I need to work on making more veggies a habit, so adding them as a side dish is a step in the right direction.
5. Bonne Maman jam: I don't know how it's so much better than any other kind, but this brand of jam/preserves is ridiculously good. Planning on some on toast, along with a cuties orange, for a snack before I got to bed.