Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Acronym Mashup: NaBloPoMo + WIAW

NaBloPoMo prompt: Name five things inside your refrigerator right now and how you feel about them.




1. Hi-Ball natural energy drinks: This is my morning caffeine source. When I'm trying to be "good" about my diet (for economic, environmental, and health reasons) I drink tea, and when I'm not trying at all I drink pop. But this is the middle ground that I usually do instead of either extreme. Typically this is combined with a Luna bar for breakfast, but today there was a firm meeting first thing in the morning with refreshments, so I had a half a donut and half a bagel, saving the Luna bar for a snack later on in the day.

2. Homemade pad see ew: One of my absolute current favorite foods for the past few years has been Oswego Noodles - a slight variation on pad see ew at a Thai restaurant near my work. Following the firm meeting, my tax team had lunch there today. One of my 30 Before 30 goals is to make a homemade version that's just as good. These leftovers are from the latest attempt by Abe and me on Sunday. Still not there yet, but it was a good dish.

3. Celery: This is a hit-or-miss food for me. At the moment it doesn't sound good, but I've gotten a head of celery in my past two produce boxes and need to use it up. Abe wanted to add it to the pad see ew, but I refused - it would have changed the whole flavor of the dish - for the worst, in my opinion.

4. Carrots: I actually had some with my pizza for dinner tonight! After a long day (stayed late at work to prepare for a presentation I have tomorrow), I really wanted a comfort food, and normally I'm all about giving into those sorts of desires. But, I know I need to work on making more veggies a habit, so adding them as a side dish is a step in the right direction.

5. Bonne Maman jam: I don't know how it's so much better than any other kind, but this brand of jam/preserves is ridiculously good. Planning on some on toast, along with a cuties orange, for a snack before I got to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...