Monday, September 23, 2013

How to Taper

This was probably actually a bad idea, as far as marathon preparation goes... but just did a training run that beat my current 5k PR by 2:38 (50 seconds faster per mile)! I really didn't feel like even going on a run tonight; finally decided to do a short, fast run and get it over with. My plan was to do 2.5 miles at a 11:00-ish pace, but after doing the first quarter mile or so by effort and then looking at my pace - I couldn't help by see how far I could keep it up! Only need to shave another 31 seconds off this pace to meet my 30 before 30 goal of a sub-30 5k.

There was a point about a mile in when I heard two guys running on the trail behind me. Usually other runners pass me pretty quickly. Granted, they appeared to be putting in much less effort at a pace just a touch faster than me, but it actually took them a few minutes to catch up and overtake me - a nice change from the usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...