Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Marathon Training Plan

Yikes! I'm not sure that I'm actually capable of doing this. But, I guess I'll give it a shot. (That doesn't seem like a great attitude to go into this, does it? That's more my way of giving myself an out if I don't follow through, than actually thinking that I'm not capable of accomplishing this if I focus and set my mind to it. But I really do want to do this. Is that all it takes? A certain amount of drive? I hope so.) (Oh my goodness. About to hit Publish, and realized I need to add the label "marathon training". I am a bit scared by the prospect of starting this.)

Anyways, just two more weeks of doing whatever, and then I have to get to it! I have a few races built in - the two halfs are actually semi-deliberate to be used as training runs, and to hopefully set a massive half marathon PR so I can assure myself that I won't take 7 hours to finish the full. The 5k is just a race that I've done before by an organization I like supporting (NW Veg). 

I have a road trip planned with Abe in July, which starts with my high school reunion, so the 16-miler that weekend will be utilized as a way of showing him around my hometown. I'm not sure yet how I'll fit in runs the rest of the trip, but we'll figure it out. I also realized as I was putting the final touches on the plan that I'll be traveling to attend my cousin's wedding the weekend right before I start tapering, so that'll also require careful logistics to fit in that last 20 mile run!

This plan is a largely based on a SmartCoach plan, with some input from a Hal Higdon plan. On non- or light-running days, I also plan to do two strength training and one yoga or pilates workout each week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...