Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hippie Chick Half Training: Week 2

Workouts:

Monday: 3.25 mile run (12:29 pace)

Tuesday: 1.5 mile treadmill run (0.5% incline, 10:57 pace) - I'd planned this to be 2 miles including 2 sets of Yasso 800s paced for a 4:30 marathon goal. But about two minutes into the first interval (intended to be half a mile at 6.7 mph - just under 9:00 pace), my body remembered that I'd just worked for twelve hours and that even my short runs lately had barely broken a 12:00 pace, and gave up. I do want to incorporate 4:30 goal Yasso 800s into my marathon training this summer, but apparently I'll need to work up to that with some shorter intervals first.

Wednesday: Rest day (Abe was on my side of town for a choir rehearsal, plus it was our two month anniversary, so I spent the couple hours I had after work with him.)

Thursday: 5 mile run (12:18 pace) - This run felt really great (as usual lately, no walking breaks, just a few very brief pauses for stoplights), and rather made up for Tuesday's semi-fail.

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: 2.5 mile run (11:43 pace) - This was with Abe, who hasn't done a lot of distance running, but did triathlons a few years ago and is generally in good shape. Also, he's 16 inches taller than me. This pace isn't exactly sprinting for me, but it's less-than-comfortable; meanwhile, he's jogging and skipping alongside me, occasionally stopping to look at plants and then easily catching back up.

Sunday: 5.5 mile run (13:37) - This was originally supposed to be 9 miles, then I did a little extra throughout the week so I only need to do 8 to get to my weekly total. I got going, though, and was just off. I did take some walking breaks (though not as much as you'd think by my average pace - I really was running that slow).

Total miles: 17.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...