Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday


Dang, I thought I was eating vegan today! But then it occurred to me to check some labels, and the Near East pasta and the chili both have milk ingredients. Now that I think about it, the pasta sauce does seem too creamy to not have milk, but I really don't know why it's in the chili. It's the last ingredient, too, so what is it even contributing? Let's call today's food quasi-vegan, since at least the only animal products were de minimis, and not the focus of any dish.

(I did have photos in here at one point, and then I was trying to organize my google+ photo albums, and didn't realize that if I had uploaded something directly from google+ to this post, deleting it there would delete it here. I've also changed phones since then, and am having technical difficulties trying to access photos on the old phone. The photos weren't that exciting anyway.)

Breakfast: No surprise - Luna bar, banana, diet coke

Lunch: Near East pasta with tomatoes, green pepper, carrots, diet coke

Afternoon snack: Satsuma orange

Pre-run snack: Pop chips (original flavor) and an Uncle Eddies vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookie

Dinner: Yam with Earth Balance, vegetarian chili, and steamed broccoli with nutritional yeast

Plus a few more chips and another cookie for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I have got to try the broccoli with nutritional yeast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using nutritional yeast a lot lately - it actually wasn't quite as great as I thought it would be on the broccoli, but it wasn't bad. I really like it on roasted potatoes.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...