Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Busy Season Begins


Well, it's officially tax season. At the end of Wednesday, I've already worked 30 hours for the week. For the most part the busy season ramps up a little more gradually, as companies use the beginning of January to wrap up their accounting for the year, but one of my larger clients has an October year end so the tax return is due next week on January 15. (Whereas calendar year tax returns are due either March 15 (corporations) or April 15 (partnerships, trusts, and individuals).)

(I did have photos in here at one point, and then I was trying to organize my google+ photo albums, and didn't realize that if I had uploaded something directly from google+ to this post, deleting it there would delete it here. I've also changed phones since then, and am having technical difficulties trying to access photos on the old phone. The photos weren't that exciting anyway.)

Breakfast: Luna bar, string cheese, HiBall energy drink (didn't end up eating the apple until later in the day)

Lunch: Annie's Penne with Alfredo Sauce, salad with pomegranate arils, diet coke
Afternoon snacks: Aforementioned apple, sugar cookie

Working "dinner": Another Luna bar, banana

Dinner/snack: Oriental flavor Top Ramen

As implied above, I've been averaging 10-hour days (usually about 8:30 am to 7:00 pm with a short lunch break). When I get closer to 11-hour days, I try to be more deliberate about having foods around for a more legitimate dinner while I'm working, and just have a snack when I get home.

Any suggestions for easy office foods, either packaged or quick to prepare ahead of time and heat up? (We do have fridges and microwaves.) In the past I've tended to rely a lot on Luna bars and fruit leather.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! i work long days too and always bring snacks and meals to work with me like hard boiled eggs,raw almonds, greek yogurt, edemame, and often i bring a uncooked sweet potato to work and poke it a few times with a knife and microwave it for about 5 minutes. top with earth balance and a little brown cinnamon and sugar. delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas! Especially a sweet potato, wouldn't have thought of that but it really is an easy, portable food. I did buy some mixed nuts and string cheese this weekend to bring in.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...