Monday, July 30, 2012

Best Body Bootcamp - Week 1 Recap


This week's workouts

Monday: Upper body strength training + HIIT cardio on the treadmill [60 second intervals for 11 minutes, alternative 6.0 mph and 5.0 mph (with a few breaks at 4.8 and 4.0), with warm-up/cool-down of 0.2 mile each way walking from my apartment to the complex's fitness center]. I think to better fir the HIIT concept I should have gone a bit faster on the high intensity intervals and slower on the recovery intervals. (More like 6.5 and 4.5 mph, maybe?)

Tuesday: Walked 1.5 miles round trip to/from Coldstone... still counts, right? 

Wednesday: Lower body strength training + 2 mile run in 27:21 minutes (13:41 average pace), with warm-up/cool-down of 0.25 mile each walking from my apartment to the main street. Other than the hill, I did a decent job keeping a consistent pace of 12:00 - 12:30 - especially considering my legs were shaking from the weight working immediately beforehand!


Thursday: Yoga class (1 hour) at Blissful Energy Yoga Center. My goodness, my legs were so sore from the previous day strength training!

Friday: 2 mile run in 26:20 (13:10 average pace), with warm-up/cool-down of 0.25 mile each walking from my apartment to the main street. Ran the whole time (paused only for literally a few seconds to let someone cross a narrow bridge on the trail, that's the one spike on the graph)! This was a recovery-type run and I did several small loops around a park to avoid hills, trying to work through the soreness in my legs - still feeling Wednesday's working! I'm not sure if yoga yesterday simply didn't help enough, or actually made it worse.


Saturday: Whole body strength training + CATnip 5k race + 3.0 mile walk to/from the race. No PR. :( My time was 42:32 (average pace 13:41). It was hot out (the race started at 6 pm), my legs were still sore, etc. I'm disappointed, but it reaffirmed that I need to do more deliberate training - for speed and distance - when I sign up for races. 

Sunday: Rest day! I did some foam rolling and stretching; my quads are finally merely "sore" instead of "hurting"!

Goal 1: Drink no more than 1 pop a day. 
Met 4 days.

Goal 2: Go to bed by 11:00.
Met 2 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...