Monday, January 11, 2016

NROLFW Phase 6 Week 4

Workouts

Monday: Run 4.0 miles (13:07 pace)

Tuesday: Bike trainer 6.7 miles (15.2 mph, 77 rpm) + NROLFW phase 6 workout A

I'm loving how short the New Rules workouts are for this phase. They're barely half an hour long, versus the most recent few phases which were approaching an hour. 

Wednesday: Run 4.55 miles (13:22 pace)

Thursday: Run 2.25 miles (12:53 pace) + Yoga for Runners (25 min)

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: Run 7.0 miles (12:52 pace) + NROLFW phase 6 workout B

Sunday: Swim 1,300 yards + run 2.2 miles (12:36 pace) + bike trainer 13.5 miles (13.3 mph, 71 rpm)

Hey, back in the pool! In the summer, I can make the early (5 pm) lap swim at one location; during tax season it makes sense to hit the late (8 pm) session at another pool as that's when I'm leaving work; the problem is in the in-between, when I'm working too late for one, but not long enough for the other to be convenient. Work is going to be ramping up pretty quickly for me to start making the later evening swim sometimes during the week, but I finally got myself there on the weekend anyway. 

Total swimming: 1,300 yards.
Total biking: 20.2 miles
Total running: 20.0 miles
Average daily steps: 11,917

After about a year hiatus, I'm back to using my Fitbit. I have the Flex, which is rather picky in staying properly in the charger, plus it has a pretty short charge (3 to 4 days), so it felt like too much of a nuisance to keep it fully functioning. I'm realizing more and more how, even though I exercise a lot, I'm quite sedentary outside of formal workouts, and the fitbit really is good motivation to me for changing that. (And I googled and found a way to use a paperclip to hold it in the charger, that seems to be working pretty consistently.) I updated my 2016 goals post to also have a movement goal of some sort for each month - for January, I'm doing the default 10,000 steps per day.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great week. Your made your steps goal :)
    I sit all day at work, so days I don't work out I am lucky to get 6,000 steps in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days I didn't run I only had 5,000-something and 7,000-something steps! I feel like I get up and move around a fair amount at work - drink lots of water (resulting in visits to both the kitchen and the bathroom), minimize multiple errands in one trip up from my desk, etc. Still doesn't add up to that much. Fortunately I had a couple days with longer runs to make up for those. :)

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...