Monday, September 14, 2015

Hansons Marathon Method Week 15 & Triathlon Training Week 8 & NROLFW Phase 4 Week 2

Workouts

Monday: Bike 7.2 miles (10.5 mph) + easy run 6.0 miles (13:07 pace) + NROLFW phase 4 workout B

Tuesday: Rest day

Wednesday: Tempo run 11.1 miles (12:07 overall pace (0.5 WU, 0.6 CD); 11:57 tempo pace)

Thursday: Easy run 3.2 miles (13:42 pace)

Friday: Open water swim 100 yards + play 5 holes of disc golf

Saturday: Best in the West sprint tri - 500 meter swim + 12 mile bike + 5k run

Sunday: Run 18.0 miles (13:02 pace)

Total swimming: 600 yards/meters
Total biking: 19.4 miles 
Total running: 41.4 miles

I'm quite happy with my how my longest long run of marathon training went! Not quite as fantastic as last week's 16 miles, but still pretty good.

And I don't think it's an exaggeration to call the triathlon my best athletic performance of my life! I'm still waiting for the official results to be posted, but I finished it in just over 1:35! While still slow-ish (in last year's results that would still be bottom third), in my mind that's squarely in the realm of "respectable" (slow end of respectable, but still), rather than straight out "back of the pack". 

I pretty much felt amazing, far better than anticipated, on both the swim and bike (and the swim conditions were fabulous - very clear, shallow-ish water, with minimal plant life). Although I didn't say so in my goals post, I did have in the back of my mind hope that I could get a lot closer to my 5k PR in the run leg (because after a few months of high mileage in marathon training I should be quite capable of beating that PR) - but I actually beat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...