Monday, July 6, 2015

FT Flat Half Training Week 8

Workouts

Monday: Ballet class (75 min) + easy run 2.0 miles (12:55 pace)

Wednesday: Ballet class (75 min)

Thursday: Play short round of disc golf (45 min) + swim 1,000 yards + run 2.15 miles (12:06 pace) - easy-ish with some strides

Saturday: FT Flat half marathon - new PR!

Sunday: Easy run 2.0 miles (13:40 pace)

Total swimming: 1,000 yards
Total running: 19.25 miles

And now, it's time for marathon training! I'll do a post or two about it this week, but I'm going to do a slightly modified version of the Hansons beginner training plan.

I'm trying to occasionally fit in a bike or swim, but I still haven't decided if I'm going to actually do a tri this year. I definitely want to prioritize the marathon, so I don't know if it's worth trying to cram in enough other training for a tri.

2 comments:

  1. Ballet class is something I don't see everyday on workout logs :) I bet that is really great building flexibility. Congrats on the PR!! That's awesome to have that confidence going into marathon training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ballet class is fun, and yes I think it's also great cross training for running! I particularly find value in the plie/releve/pointing (which comprises a lot of the time, at the "absolute beginner" (that's in the name of the class!) level, developing the basic skills), as almost all of the running quasi-injuries/issues I've had relate to the ankle and foot, so developing the arch strength and ankle flexibility I think will be very useful to me.

      Thanks! Definitely glad to have a solid PR to set a good goal for the marathon, for sure.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...