Sunday, January 11, 2015

PRC 5k Training Week 2 & Fight for Air Training Week 6 & NROLFW Phase 1 Week 5

Workouts

Monday am: Easy run 1.7 miles (13:27 pace)

Short little run, just to work on building a habit of exercising in the morning. Running doesn't feel as easy so early, but it's still enjoyable to get out in the fresh air.

Monday pm: Easy run 2.5 miles (13:34 pace)

Had swimming on the schedule but we're having some weird weather, clear and in the 50s, so I had to take  advantage of it with a run.

Tuesday pm: Bike trainer 15 minutes (est. 3.75 miles) + NROLFW phase 1 workout A

Wednesday am: Easy run 2.5 miles (13:45 pace)

Felt way more sluggish than I did on Monday morning, but got it done! It helped that I had this pretty new shirt from Costco ($13.99! for a sweet wool-blend cozy running shirt) to wear for the first time as motivation. 

I also am almost 30 and just got a Costco card for the first time. I've gone there with family/friends who had cards, but never figured it'd be worth it to have a membership on my own. Abe has one, and we just now got around to going together so he could add me to his account.

Wednesday pm: Track run 3.1 miles (12:21 overall pace)

Goal: 1-ish warm-up, 2 x 0.5 @ 9:30 with 0.25 recovery in between, 1-ish cool-down
Actual
0.85 warm-up: 13:30
2 x 0.5: 9:22, 9:24
0.25 recovery: 15:06
1.0 cool-down: 13:39

Thursday pm: Swim 1,200 yards

Friday am: Bike trainer 10 minutes (est. 2.3 miles) + NROLFW phase 1 workout B

Friday pm: Tempo run 3.0 miles (11:25 pace)

I started out planning to keep a slightly-uncomfortably-brisk pace, just for fun, but once I realized the second mile would be faster than the first, I obviously had no choice but to make it a progression run.

Mile 1: 12:04
Mile 2: 11:35
Mile 3: 10:35

Saturday am: Yoga class (75 minutes)
Saturday pm: Bike trainer 40 minutes (est. 9.35 miles)

Sunday: "Long" run 4.1 miles (13:38 pace)

Total swimming: 1,200 yards
Total biking: 15.40 miles
Total running: 16.9 miles

I started this week firmly in busy season mode, ready to get up early and not expecting to have a life, but my hours haven't quite ramped up all the way, so I had an excess of time and energy to do a lot of exercising this week! (Still totally failing on the stairs though...)

2 comments:

  1. Whoo! Way to go on that Friday progression run! Very nice track workout on Wednesday too!

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...