Thursday, December 25, 2014

Three Things Thursday: My Favorite Things About Christmas

1. Cookies. Of course! In my family there are always Nanaimo bars, meringues, spritz, hello dollies, sugar cookies, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. I've gotten better in more recent years at not going too overboard in eating them, but really I think it's ok to go a little overboard on special occasions.

2. Playing the piano. I took piano lessons growing up, and played sporadically since, even after I bought a digital piano. I enjoy it, it just seems like a lot of work, I guess, to get back to a level that I deem acceptable. But ever year at Christmastime I still sit down and re-learn some carols, and really enjoy it.

3. Stuffing stockings. The general gift-giving stresses me out a bit (worried about spending too much money on something they won't even like), but I really like buying stocking stuffers! Which is kind of odd since I lean somewhat minimalist, don't buy random crap just to buy crap, etc. But I like buying small, but useful, things for my loved ones - chapstick, nice chocolates, pretty soaps, and so forth. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...