Saturday, November 23, 2013

Power Non-Suit

NaBloPoMo prompt: Describe an outfit that makes you feel good.

A white blazer, with a single button right under the bust and three-quarter length sleeves. It was just a touch too tight when I bought it (I should have bought a medium, but they only had a small or large in stock), but now fits perfectly. I found it on a shopping trip with a friend/co-worker (at the time, she's now changed jobs), who I'm pretty sure suggested the outing because she wanted to spruce up my work wardrobe without actually saying that it was a tad outdated/frumpy/ill-fitting. 

Under the blazer, a teal tank top, in a smooth, almost-but-not-quite shimmery knit fabric, with a cowl neck. It's odd, being large-chested I usually don't look good in that type of neckline, but somehow the drape of this one actually works for me. I believe this was purchased on the same shopping trip. If I recall correctly, she had to convince me to buy it, but it's become one of my favorite items.

Paired with black slacks on the bottom and cute but basic black heels. With my hair probably curled but half pulled back (because the curls won't last for more than a couple of hours), and a simple silver necklace.

This was my go-to outfit for about a year, that I always wore for client meetings. I'm sure my colleagues quickly figured out what it indicated. I've strayed away from it recently, only because there are many clients that I routinely see on an annual basis, and I don't want them to see me in the same thing every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...