Monday, July 3, 2017

Gratitude

I'm utterly overwhelmed by life right now. Nothing major - or, rather, the major things are mostly good stressors (primarily attempting to buy a house), but tons of little minor things going to shit (e.g., the cats have fleas). But it's hard to appreciate the good things, so I wanted to take a step back to think about the parts of life that are actually pretty awesome.

We have the resources to buy a house, in the neighborhood we want to live in. 

I have a stable job that I enjoy (most of the time), with a company that offers a great deal of flexibility in finding the right balance between life and work. 

We have an wonderful support network of family and friends, who are willing to help us with anything from moving to babysitting. 

I have an amazing and healthy son.

My body, while it has some limitations of what I'd like to do with it, is totally normal and healthy for everyday life.

I have a partner who supports my dreams, puts up with my frustrated nonsense, and is the best co-partner I could ask for.

Everything will get sorted out, somehow, eventually.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...