Monday, November 28, 2016

Weeks of Oct 31 - Nov 6, 7 - 13, 14 - 20, 21 - 27

Oct 31 - Nov 6

Monday: Run 1 mile (15:30 pace)

Wednesday: Yoga video (25 min)

Average daily steps: 6,942


November 7 - 13

Dealing with medical crap.

Average daily steps: 6,743


November 14 - 20

Friday: Bike trainer 10 min (est 2 miles) + abs (5 min)

Sunday: Yoga video (10 min)

Average daily steps: 6,518



November 21 - 27

Monday: Bike trainer 15 min (est 3 miles) + abs (5 min)

WednesdayYoga video (10 min)

Saturday: Bike trainer 15 min (est 3 miles)

SundayYoga video (10 min)

Average daily steps: 9,936


Though my workouts are still short and low-impact, it feels good to see this past week with something happening more days than not! Exercise really has become basically my primary hobby, so it was hard to not be able to participate in it for much longer than I anticipated. But I know long-term recovery from the birth, as well as saving energy for baby care, is more important (even though that's hard to swallow some moments!), and I'll gradually get back to where I was. 

I realized my step count was being inflated because my fitbit was recognizing me sitting and bouncing the baby on the exercise ball as steps! So the numbers above are reduced by 10% from what the fitbit says to try to estimate back into something more likely to be accurate. (But I am doing quite a bit of walking, even on days I don't leave the house - walking around while wearing the baby is also a useful soothing method, and there are more little things around that need to be put away, more laundry to go up and down the basement steps to do, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, I remember trying to recover from all my stitches 27 years later! It is wonderful to be a new Mom and it is also a big change because your "me" time becomes miniscule. I know winter is challenging, I wish nice days for you so you can get out and walk with your baby.
    Carrying the baby and running and down steps is great exercise :)

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...