Monday, September 5, 2016

Week of August 29 - September 4

Workouts

Wednesday: 30 Day Shred level 1 (20 min)

Friday: 3 Day Rotation dance (20 min)

Sunday: Daily Burn - Move African dance (30 min)

I enjoyed doing a dance video with the 3 Day Rotation workout (a video/DVD I've used since high school, and found on YouTube recently), so thought I'd look for more of that genre to keep myself motivated. Daily Burn is what I've heard of for a good library of workouts, so I signed up for a free trial. I'm unsure how to feel about the "Move" dance workout series, though - they seem to be themed akin to how So You Think You Can Dance dances are, which makes me feel like there's some cultural appropriation going on (e.g., in the African workout, there was some educational type talk about the moves, but also some that seemed to be more making fun of it, and the backup dancers all had face painting that seemed odd.) 

Average daily steps: 8,469

I'm getting more consistent with my daily walks, and fitting in at least a few real workouts with videos on top of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...