Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week of August 22 - 28

Workouts

Saturday: Prenatal yoga class (90 min) + elliptical 2.0 miles (24 min)

Average daily steps: 7,109

Well, this can partly be blamed on a week full of evening activities (CPR class, breastfeeding class, Toastmasters officer training). But I did got out for a walk on all but one evening regardless! I keep thinking, ugh, I guess it's time to admit I'm to the point where walking is my "legit" workout. But, is it really? In yoga class (finally got back to it!) the teacher brought up the concept that just because something (e.g., achy back, lessened mobility) is common, doesn't necessarily mean it's normal. I also know from previously building up exercise habits that movement begets movement. The more you skip working out, the harder it is to get back to it. A 15 - 20+ minute walk each day is certainly a good minimum, but that doesn't mean I have to be content with just that, it's not unreasonable that I'll feel better for more of the remaining weeks of pregnancy if I try to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...