Monday, August 8, 2016

Week of August 1 - 7: The Last Run

Workouts

Monday: Run/walk 1.6 miles (15:50 pace)

Tuesday: Rest day

Wednesday: 3 Day Rotation weights (20 min)

Thursday: Rest day

Friday3 Day Rotation kickboxing (20 min)

Saturday: Unplanned rest day - unless assembling Ikea furniture counts? The baby's room is starting to resemble a nursery!

Sunday: Oregon Trail Game 5k - 41:49 (13:29 pace), but I died of starvation. 

Total running: 4.7 miles
Average daily steps: 8,304

Running has gradually been getting more uncomfortable and less enjoyable, but I was registered for a 5k this week and knew I needed to do a little to maintain and be ready for that (and still somewhat enjoyable, some days more so than others). I'm extremely glad I did this race, but I'm pretty sure it was my last run until after the baby arrives. 

This means a 3 month break (2 months, give or take, until baby, and then another 4 - 6 weeks postpartum), which is by far the longest break since I started running consistently in the summer of 2010*. I really am sad to give it up, even temporarily, and it's kind of hard to swallow this as one of my current limitations, but it's necessary, and I know I'll be back at it before I know it. 

*I have spreadsheets tracking my mileage beginning in fall of 2012. I have to go back to February 2013 to even find a calendar week without at least one run, and that 8-day stretch appears to be the longest without. Prior to that, going a week without a run is more plausible, but I doubt it was ever more than two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. That is a long streak! I know you will miss it. Hopefully you can enjoy some walks :)

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...