Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Five: Favorite Races

Linking up today with MarCynthia, and Courtney for Friday Five.

While I'm not doing any racing or running currently, I'm starting to think about what I might do for my comeback next summer, and reminiscing about my favorite races that I've done.

1. Portland Marathon (2013 and 2015). I can't imagine doing the work of training for and running a marathon without it being this one. It's well organized, not too hard of a course (relatively speaking, that is), great swag, and shows off the beautiful city! 

2. First Run 5k (2013, 2014, 2015). The fact that this takes place at midnight doesn't hurt (I'd much rather stay up than get up extra early!), but this is a super fun way to ring in the New Year! 

3. Bloomsday 12k (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016). This race has a long history in Spokane (and is one of the biggest road races in the US), but also with my family (my dad grew up there). When I realized I was really a runner and could handle doing this race, I was so excited to take part in the family tradition. 

4. Foot Traffic Flat half marathon (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Held on Sauvie Island, in north Portland, this race lives up to its name. It was my second ever half marathon and I've done it every year since, usually setting a new PR. Even with the summer heat, it's a great way to celebrate the 4th of July.

5. Best in the West triathlon. Though not my first triathlon, I wish I'd done it for my first. It's really beginner-friendly, with a clear body of water and well-marked course. My impression may be biased since I performed so well and set a great PR, but I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely leaning towards doing this one next year as my next triathlon to get back into things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...